Before you made a call to contractors or manufacturers, the first thing to address is the company's mission statement relating to the building roofing.
Whether you are building a new facility or manage the existing property, you want to be sure that you are selecting a roofing system that delivers the best performance. You need to know a lot about the building and the possible future. Trussed roofing is one of the best roofing materials used by professional companies.
- Does the company plan to keep this building as part of real estate assets for 10 to 20 years?
- Are there any plans to expand it in the future, or to modify its use?
- What is the current and future occupancy, isolation requirements, aesthetic priorities, and even the roof equipment maintenance schedule?
These issues and another mission statement will help you to shape the type of roofing to consider and how much of the capital budget you want to spend on roofing.
If you are going to build a spec building, then it may just need a basic roof. But, if you want to construct a building for a specific use such as an airline reservation center in which you have to set up computers. In this case, your consideration of the selection of roofs is very different.
For example, as more companies move toward that operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week to satisfy global customers, data centers may not be spring leaking roofs. Water on the computer system generally spells disaster.
A special set of concerns arises for cooling-dominated climates.
- Do roofs contribute to saving AC and address other important issues?
- Is that part of the total energy?